Appreciate the past. Make the most of the present. Live for the future.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

More Election Thoughts

I know I've posted a lot today but hey, that's what blogging is for right? I went to vote this morning and while standing in my 3 HOUR line, I got interested in a conversation that a married couple was having behind me along with their 3 year old daughter. The daddy was asking his little girl if she wanted to go into the booth with him and he would let her choose the candidates. I got to thinking back when Peyton learned the little rhyme, "Any many minny moe, catch a tiger by his toe...." He couldn't say tiger but would say "skyger" instead. Not too long ago while sitting at the dinner table, he started the little rhyme again and hesitated when he got to the word tiger. You could tell he was concentrating to pronounce it correctly. He succeeded. He took it slowly but he got it right and then let out a huge smile. He was so proud of himself. Brian and I were too...but there again is a moment that makes you proud but at the same time makes you realize how fast they grow up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...