Appreciate the past. Make the most of the present. Live for the future.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Brian and I were getting ready for work this morning in separate areas when Peyton comes into the bathroom and says, "mommy, make sure you vote for John McCain today!" I said OK. I later asked Brian if he had put Peyton up to that. He told me that he had not said a word to Peyton about it and was as amazed with the statement as I was.

Peyton's class talked about the presidential candidates yesterday along with honoring our country and flag. It's amazing what these little minds pick up and the opinions that immediately form. It's just a reminder that as a parent, I must always be on my toes in controlling what I say and do because I too influence his surroundings right along with church and school. Monkey see Monkey do huh?

"Lord, please help me to be the role model for my children that you want me to be. Give me opportunities to teach them every day according to Your Word, not by my ways or by my habits. Make my actions and my words speak only sounds of love. Help me to train them up in the way that they should go...a way that is perfect for Your will. Bless my house and help it be a place of refuge and peace. In Jesus Name, Amen."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...