Appreciate the past. Make the most of the present. Live for the future.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Fall Scrapbook Idea


Every September (I guess for about 10 years now) my mom and I make a trip up to West Virginia to visit with my two aunts and cousin. We also do a gift exchange that we try to keep primarily homemade or handmade.

I was inspired this year by a little scrapbook I saw at the Charlotte Creating Keepsakes convention a couple of years ago. I cranked out 4 of these little cuties in no time. The most time consuming part was cutting the cardboard. I cut the cardboard down to 7 x 6 so that I would have enough room on the side to punch holes and still have a 6x6 space for pictures. I designed a template first and then just duplicated it on the others. I cut enough to have 5 full page spreads.

Pretty simple. Pretty darn cute.

I kept the inside pages relatively simple because when giving a gift album to friends and family, unless they scrapbook too, they are not going to know how (or want to) to cut the pictures down to fit. So I placed a white piece of cardstock down denoting where the picture goes and since it's slightly larger than a standard picture, it leaves a nice white boarder above and below the picture.


As far as the cover goes, anything goes. My mom and aunts and I like to visit the local craft shows and fairs while in West Virginia and they have a pretty strong primitive theme so I designed my cover in a primitive style. I drew out my designs, cut them out, wrinkled and inked them and then glued using pop dots in a few areas for added dimension.


Last but not least, for the binding I used notebook rings which are readily available in office supply stores. Then I tied on various strips of material and ribbons. It just gives it a fun and whimsical lo0k and adds to the primitive feel of the scrapbook.

This little album makes great gifts and the themes are limitless. They are adorable coffee table books and a sure conversation piece. The best part? You don't have to invest a lot of time in this project but it sure looks as if you did!

Let me know your thoughts and certainly if you are planning on doing any gifts albums for the holidays coming up.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...